October 4, 2012

Birthdays

There is a growing trend of celebrating birthdays lavishly, with special programs, souvenirs and activities for guests to enjoy. I had never celebrated my birthday with such fan-fare, sans my 21st birthday, when one of my best friends organized a 'Lo-Hei' at vivo city for me. Thus, I am still very intrigued by the elaborate celebrations that people organize for their birthdays year after year.

I spent mid-autumn at a friend's kid's 1st birthday party. T did balloon twisting and I did face & hand painting for the children. It was our first 'gig' together as a couple. The party was a big family affair and we both had fun interacting with the guests. I realized that I've grown rather fond of face & hand painting, apart from painting on canvases. Perhaps we should consider converting one of our rooms into an art studio/worshop where we can practice our skills with minimum disturbance.



$600, 2-tier chocolate hazlenut cake