April 15, 2015

Kin Soon Company - Minton Ribbons


One of my favorite craft shops in Singapore is Kin Soon Company, a.k.a Minton Ribbons. Tucked in at quiet end of Arab street, it is a gem to behold. Click here to visit their site. Minton has a good  humongous selection of ribbons and accompanying craft materials. All colors and patterns imaginable. I can never leave the shop empty handed. My latest trip to Kin Soon was to purchase ribbons for a friend's wedding decor. The theme of the wedding was Rainbow. I spent hours scoring through pictures on google and pinterest to get ideas. I wanted to create a colorful and elegant palette, that does not scream carnival or kiddish. At the shop, while standing at one of the ribbon aisle trying to find the best color combination, the owner of the shop came to my rescue. She asked me the theme of the wedding. Within minutes, she effortlessly picked 6 colors. With a wink, she said it will surely work. She proceeded to line the rows of ribbons in a line and let the ends fall lose. With confidence, she asked what I thought of the selection. Needless to say, I was bought over. She then shared her invaluable experience of color matching and the wedding trends she observed over the years. The whole shopping experience at Kin Soon was lovely and memorable. I can't wait to return and meet the wonderful lady and her team again.

Kin Soon Company aka Minton Ribbons

The colors for the wedding. Left to right - Red, lime green, cream, cyan, purple and pink

Gateway to the aisle

Reception table with a ribbon frame

The aisle

No comments:

Post a Comment