May 27, 2016

Farewell Buddy Hoagies Cafe

Buddy Hoagies Cafe and Grill had been a familiar fixture at Ngee Soon South Community Centre for the past 12 years. I frequented this cafe since my polytechnic years. Countless afternoons were spent here catching up with friends, reading or doing revision.

I love the laid back atmosphere and quiet ambience. The food was good, reasonably priced and portions were generous. I am not into the cafe-hopping trend and have the tendency to stick to regular places. 

This week, I was appalled after reading about the cafe's impending closure in Straits Times. Apparently, the cafe had failed to renew its lease with the CC and will be replaced by a new F&B tenant. While it is widely known that the F&B sector in Singapore is highly competitive, I did not expect such a popular dining space to close at such short notice. 

Tim and I dined at Buddy Hoagies that evening we read about it's impending closure. It will be greatly missed. 


Reasonably priced meal for 2 persons.

Buddy Hoagies' upsize menu

Order counter 

$4.90 upsize - Soup, garlic bread and ice lemon tea
Tim's favorite beef baked rice

One of the best breaded fish & chips in the neighborhood.
Crispy & succulent, served with a fresh coleslaw & my fave baked potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment