March 22, 2016

It all happened in the public toilet

A neighbor of ours was pregnant and due in May. Whilst catching up with her, she briefly disclosed the symptoms she felt during her first trimester. I missed my period, and attributed that to work stress. However, I did felt some of the the symptoms she described. That certainly raised some alarm bells in me, but I kept it from Tim.

I always find the process of collecting pee rather strange, and preferred to do so in a clinic or public toilet. One evening, I rushed to the pharmacy to obtain 2 test kits and did the deed in the public toilet. Perhaps in my anxiousness, I fumbled with the first kit. It indicated an error. I was appalled. An error meant downing more beverages and walking around the mall till I was ready for the second test. Of course the minutes ticked by like hours while waiting and finally, the 2nd kit showed 2 faint lines. Omg. That was all I thought of then.

The pregnancy was confirmed about 2 weeks later at an obstetrian clinic. Now, I'm about to pass the first trimester and can't wait for the remaining 6 months to pass like a breeze (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment