August 30, 2013

Sembawang beach

Last weekend, I joined T for an event at Sembawang beach. It has been ages since I visited the place after it was closed for renovations. To my delight, the newly revamped park-beach is lovely and tranquil. We arrived at the park around 7:00AM, just in time to catch the sunrise. While T was preparing for the event, I had time to explore the park-beach! The jetty looks pretty much the same, along with the iconic dice-looking gazebos. However, I noticed additions to the natural flora and fauna. More trees were planted, new BBQ pits and public toilets were added. It was pleasant just taking a walk along the beach front or in the park behind the beach. I wished there were more eateries though, apart from the seaside restaurant, Beaulieu House. I loved Beaulieu House. My dad used to bring me there for lunches. I remember the signature dessert which they served back then - longan almond jelly. Ahhh that brings back so many fond memories.

Another new feature in the park is a pirate-themed playground. I absolutely adore the design. The fixtures were unique and it was fun roaming inside the 'pirate ship'. It's a great playground for children to develop their gross and fine motor skills. It also has a sand-play area where children could build sand castles or bury pirate treasure! However, some of the fixtures were not designed well. There were a few minor accidents. The surroundings had numerous seating areas for parents/guardians to watch their kids while enjoying the idle chat or picnic. There was even a Jeu de Boule court for elderlies. 

New seating areas & BBQ pits

New toilets

Sunrise @ the park

Good old jetty

Pirate-theme playground

Swing

Cyclist with her jack russell


No comments:

Post a Comment